Fortnite has finally loosen it’s ties with the hands that held it firmly 4 more than 3 Generations. It may not be the Ultimate version, but at least it doesn’t require funky registrations, a partial english patch, and a persistent Onlineconnection to be played. The Freedom to Unite with other Hunters appears to be a hit or miss at the moment, but my opinion is based throughout the course of solo play experience.
Just get them for free here: FREE Fortnite Skins?!?! 🔥 How to get FREE Skins in Fortnite! How to get the Galaxy Skin!
MH World is all about fluidity and QOL improvements for long time fans, and accessibility for new comers. This is very much the same hunting game that fans love: kill other players, craft gear from spoils, rinse and repeat. Several new mechanics like mantles, environmental traps, slinger, palico gadgets, and my favorite – turf wars are introduced to the game; and taking advantage of those gives you a lot of “hunting” chance. Despite numerous improvements though, there are returning problems as well as new ones that I’m very particular with:
– Target monsters disregarding of fleeing from you more often than necessary and non targets begging for attention.
– The scout flies doesn’t work when you have aggro. This makes navigation an issue when you are in the middle of a complex map like the Coral Highlands or Ancient Forest. It’s also too bright and distracting, and loses experience overtime.
– Fan favorites like Khezu, Gigginox, Brachydios, Qurupeco, Plesioth, Tigrex, Yian Garuga, Glavenus, Seregios and the almighty Oozaru are sadly missing… So thank goodness for Bazelgeuse, and looking forward to Deviljho.
– Getting randomly dropped off to areas of the map other than the camp.
– Arena quests that restrict weapon choice.
– Action prompts can overlap each other, i.e. a slinger ammo near a monster you are carving.
– While mechanics like item consumption, resource gathering, etc. has been significantly improved, reaction to tremor, wind, roar and stun has taken a few steps backwards.
– The camera can be a jerk when the scout flies suddenly finds something to track or when you kill a large monster.
– Stingy RNG can make the end game feel like an unrewarding grind.
The maps have never looked and felt this immersive. Returning monsters look glorious in their new skin; new monsters look good as well. Armor and weapon design is epic as usual, although low resolution textures is quite apparent on them. Fashion customization is also very lacking.